Forklift Truck Operator - Class 4/5/7
WHAT TO BRING
CSA-approved safety boots and hard hat
DetailsRough terrain forklifts are commonly found on construction sites due to their versatility and manoeuvrability, and are used by various trades to transport and place materials throughout a worksite. Operated by well-trained workers, the machines provide a safe and efficient method of moving materials and placing them in otherwise difficult-to-access locations. However, there exists a great potential for misuse and possible incidents by inadequately-trained workers who may not recognize potential hazards.
In our interactive five-day course, participants will learn the essential principles involved in the safe operation of rough terrain forklifts, as well as class 4 / 5 forklifts.
- Legislation and standards pertaining to forklifts
- Types of forklifts
- Basic hydraulics and pre-operational checks
- Stability and tipping for counterbalanced forklifts
- Capacity and load charts
- Operating the forklift
- Load lifting and handling
- Operating hazards and precautions
- Periodic inspection, maintenance and record-keeping