Traffic Control - Backing Vehicles
DetailsReversing vehicles pose a serious hazard to workers on a construction site, as drivers and heavy equipment operators backing up are unable to see people or objects in their blind spots. Participants in this course will examine vehicle collision hazards to workers on foot, and how to apply safe work practices and control measures to prevent collisions and near-misses.
- Hazard recognition and risk factors
- Traffic control legislation
- Site planning and traffic protection plans
- Traffic control persons and hand signals
- Clothing and personal protective equipment