Confined Space Hazard Awareness
Confined space entry and work is of concern to occupational health and safety due to physical
and atmospheric hazards to anyone who enters a confined space. Upon successful completion
of this course, participants will be able to identify confined spaces and demonstrate knowledge
of precautions, procedures and legislative requirements for confined space entry.
- Legal requirements for confined space entry
- Definition of a confined space
- Hazards related to confined spaces
- Types of dangerous atmospheres
- Assessment and control options
- Monitoring strategies
- Entry permits and procedures
Note: This is an awareness program – workers who will enter a confined space will require
additional jobsite-specific training for entry.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested – LiUNA Local 506 Members can apply directly from the Member Portal