Hoisting & Rigging - Basic Safety
DetailsHoisting and rigging involves the use of slings and a crane to move heavy and/or bulky items on a construction site. It is important that it is done safely and correctly to prevent loads from falling and endangering workers or damaging property. This course consists of 12 hours of classroom training, where participants will be introduced to basic rigging safety.
- Legislation and standards
- Hoisting & rigging hazards
- Hazard awareness in crane operations
- Fibre rope, knots and hitches
- Hardware, wire rope and slings