WHAT TO BRING
CSA-approved safety boots and hard hat
DetailsWhile scaffolds are an invaluable tool in providing access to elevated areas, workers must be trained in safe scaffold building techniques to prevent accidents and mitigate the risk of collapse. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to identify different types of scaffolds and their components, including frame scaffolds, tube and clamp and system scaffolds. They will demonstrate the ability to identify and control scaffolding hazards by using safe techniques to erect and dismantle scaffolds according to drawings, regulations and industry standard practices.
- Regulations and legal requirements
- Common types of scaffolds and their components
- Hazards and accidents related to scaffolding
- Fall protection equipment
- Safe scaffold erection and dismantlement